Did you know that you can use the Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad to watercolour?
It is super simple & you can use a bunch of different water colouring techniques such as a wash or watercolour ink splatter.
What is great about this technique is you do not need much & it is super simple & easy.
What you need
– You choice of colour Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad
– Your choice of size of the waterbush Small Round, Medium Round or Medium Flat. It depends on the look you are after. Play with each one to see what you like.
– Squeeze the Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pad together so that the lid touches the ink.
– Open the Stamp Ink Pad & using the waterbush pick up some of the ink from the Lid
– You can now use it to create a wash like I did over the cute Partridge or splatter it like I have on the corner of my Scrapbook Page.
– Wipe/brush or paint off any excess colour on your brush if you are finished or want to change colours. This way no chance of mudding your colours. Plus you get an interesting background to use later.
– Try this using the Clear Shimmer Brush instead of the waterbrush to get a little shimmer added to your water colour. You will love the look.
For the Scrapbook Layout I used the splatter technique in the top corner – super easy to tap the water brush to get the splatters
Below is a close up of the splatters on the scrapbook layout & me very quickly (and not neatly at all) doing a quick water wash with two different coloured inks on this very cute stamp which will be available in April – unless you join up as a consultant this month – then you get it now for FREE! I did use the shimmer brush but the shimmer doesn’t photo very well.
Close To My Heart posted a quick video on their Instagram which shows the technique in full. Just click on the image & it will play for you a super quick video.
I hope you enjoyed this Friday Fun Technique and I hope you give it a try over this weekend.
Till next time Maz