One of my favourite products from Close to My Heart is the spray pen. This product is pure “magic” when it comes to filling in a little blank space & adding a bit of extra wow.
You can use the Spray Pen to ‘mist’ your projects and create visually interesting techniques with ink, paint, colour washes, alcohol, or other liquid media. Or, if you just need a handy alternate dispenser, you can even fill the Spray Pen with stamp cleaner – although you have to admit, that’s not very exciting & CTMH stamp cleaner already comes in a nifty spray bottle.
Ok so you are looking at this image & thinking ‘boring’ & what is so great about this product?
Well it is a nice large container which means you can mix more media, and that’s definitely a good thing when your working on a larger project.
You may have noticed measurement lines – a very handy feature. With the measurement lines clearly marked on the barrel, you can more ‘scientifically’ mix your media (think 2 drops re-inker to 6 parts water). This also means that it will be much easier to duplicate a mixture. No more guess work.
Take a closer look at the cap/nozzle area – the ‘twistable’ section of the spray pen is textured, in order to give you better grip. This textured finish is particularly helpful if your hands are damp.
And see that ‘pocket clip’ on the lid – well that thing really helps stopping the Pen, when capped (speaking from experience) from rolling off the table & disappearing into the bin (like some of my things – oops) and well you could also use it to clip it to a bag.
But this has to be my favourite way to store spray pens!
The CTMH Marker Roll-Up was designed to hold up to 25 ShinHan™ Touch Twin™ markers with interior elastic loops.
It Rolls up and secures with snap closure and includes hanging loop for easy vertical storage and guess what perfect for the CTMH spray pens!
The CTMH Spray pens ‘pumps’ easily and I have NOT experienced ‘clogging’ as I have with other spray type pens but that could also do with the type of product that I have mixed in it in the past – mostly ink & water.
- Convenient, portable size makes it good for travel or crops
- Value-priced, so you can keep several on hand for multiple projects
- 10 mL barrel (allowing you to mix more media)
- measurement markings on the side of barrel
- textured ‘twist’ for better grip
- the cap is substantial, should resist accidental damage
- holes in cap for safety and ease of use
- pocket clip on cap to prevent pen rolling & to secure in bags
- Fit perfectly in the CTMH Marker Roll-Up – perfect storage for LOTS of spray pens.
- if you make a lots of different mixtures you have no label to know what it is or what mix you used – but that can be overcome with a sticky label on the bottle
- sold only in packages of 3 – well not so much as a con more of an FYI in case you needed some weird amount of spray pens! and well as I have a list of pros – I should find one other con at least 😉
I hope you enjoyed this little product review & remember to join the Live your Day Gathering to be in the draw to win the January Mystery Hostess & for a chance to get a FREE roll of gold foil tape.
The current total on the MYSTERY Hostess rewards is $50 in FREE product and one 1/2 off item.
Also make sure you take the time to round up your order & donate some money to Operation Smile™, an organization that provides free, life-changing surgery that repairs smiles and reshapes lives, one child at a time.
Thanks so much for taking the time to check out this product review on Spray Pens…see you soon.