I wanted to try out some fun ideas how to use and colour the flowers in the Operation Smile™ stamp set Change the World.
Not only did I get to create & have fun exploring ideas, but by buying this stamp set a $7 USD was donated to the life saving mission of Operation Smile™.
For You Ink Smooshing Background
For this card to create the colour for the flowers I used the Smooshing Background Technique
- Smooshed Distress Oxide™ Ink onto a All-purpose Mat
- Spray with water
- Lay Distress Watercolor Cardstock over the sprayed ink for a few seconds then lift and leave to dry
- When dry repeat the process several times for a more intense colour wash
Once dry I stamped over the background with the main floral image & decorated with the For You Thin Cuts dies.
For You Ink Bleeding Background
Normally you don’t want your ink to bleed, but in this case it makes an abstract background & is a fun way to play with your stamp image.
- Apply white Gesso over some cardstock, I find a gesso background helps with this techniques
- Use a Sponge Daubers to apply Distress Oxide™ Ink onto your stamp image, this allows you to apply the colours where you want them
- Stamp the image onto the gesso background
- Spray with water
- Allow it to run, using a heat tool to dry it & control the bleeding
- When dry repeat the process but spray less water.
- Do one final stamped image with a colour dye ink (I used Harbour as it tied in well with the Distress Oxide Ink colours)
Once the background was completed I created a frame to focus on the abstract background & decorated with the For You Thin Cuts dies.
Brighten Your Day with Watercolour Distress Oxide ink
So I found out by accident that Speckled Egg Distress Oxide™ Ink looks amazing on Harbour Cardstock so I really wanted to see how I could use this for one of my cards. So I decided to water colour my flowers with the Distress Oxide Ink.
- Stamp the image in VersaMark™ Ink Pad & heat emboss with White Super Fine Embossing Powder onto Harbour Cardstock
- Smoosh Speckled Egg Distress Oxide™ Ink onto a All-purpose Mat & with a Waterbrush pick up some colour & watercolour in your flowers, don’t worry too much if you go outside the lines.
- Ink up one of the specked background images from Background Elements in the Speckled Egg Distress Oxide™ Ink & stamp around the flowers.
What We’re Loving
Til next time, see you soon & keep creating!