This Stamping technique, which takes “masking & sponging” to a whole new level. This technique has been around for a while, you normally see it as a background that is a focus of the card front.
I have created a card with this technique, but I created a different look then what you normally see.
What you need
– A couple of Stamp images. I used the Bunches of Love (D1815) stamp as my main feature.
– Two or more coordinating colours of Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pads
– Either the Round Sponge or a couple of a Sponge Daubers for each colour you will use.
– Close To My Heart Cardstock
– Sticky notes of varying sizes.
Stick down your sticky notes to form a grid pattern. With a pice of the Round Sponge or with one of the Sponge Daubers sponge on the lighter shade of colour onto the unmasked area. Once sponged with the lighter add the darker shade ink. While the space is still masked stamp your images either in a contrasting or darker shade of ink.
Remove your sticky notes masks & mask off the the section you have sponged & stamped & continue to do another section. Keep masking sponging, stamping until you have covered the card or where you like the technique to appear.
I hope you enjoyed this fun Retiform Stamping Technique and I hope you give it a try.
Till next time Maz