This month you can Save 25% on all Close To My Heart Thin Cuts, so I thought I would share some great tutorials, tips & ideas on how you can use the Thin Cuts.
Today I am showing you how to do partial die cutting with the Close To My Heart Thin Cuts which allows you to extend a portion of a die cut shape past the fold for a unique card or place marker or in one case of my cards incorporate the rest of the background into the die.
1. Mark with a pencil the halfway mark that you are going to fold your card, if you want your image to extend past a folded card line.
2. Place a shaped die so that one part of the die is above the centre pencil line and the rest is below.
3. Line up die cutting plates along the pencil line so that only the protruding portion is cut when run through the die cutting machine. I used washi tape to guide me exactly where I wanted the plate to line up
4. Score along the pencil line, outside the die cut area. Erase pencil markings.
5. With the Happy Birthday card cut away any excess cardstock so the only the letter appear above the cut area.
6. Decorate the card as desired.
I hope you try this technique and have fun with it and thanks so much for taking the time to find out more about the Partial Die Cutting technique…see you soon.