This is an age old technique that I haven’t visited for some time, so I thought it would be perfect for the Fun Friday Technique.
Clear embossing traps everything underneath and makes the images “pop”, you can add layers of stamping & embossing which opens limitless possibilities for creating complex designs for a very simple technique.
I created something quite simple this time round but I will certainly revisit this technique to try something more complex.
What you need
– VersaMark™ Ink Pad
– Ranger™ Clear Super Fine Embossing Powder
– Heat tool
– My Acrylix® Stamps of your choice
– Cut up piece of the Round Sponge
– Your choice of colour/s of Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pads
– Ink stamp with VersaMark™ Ink Pad and stamp on cardstock.
– Pour Ranger™ Clear Super Fine Embossing Powder over stamped image, making sure everything’s completely covered.
– Tap excess powder off. Collect remaining powder in either the Powder tray or on a piece of scrap paper and pour it back into the container.
– Heat powder with heat tool until it melts into a shiny cover. Let cool.
– Sponge ink over your stamped and embossed cardstock, covering your entire piece of cardstock. You can add more colour & blend different colours
– Use a paper towel or rag to buff ink off embossed images. The embossed images will resist the sponged ink & pop out showing through the colour of the cardstock the image was stamped on.
If you are unsure how to emboss check out this fab Close To My Heart Video which shows you how.
I hope you enjoyed this Friday Fun Technique and I hope you give it a try over this weekend.
Till next time Maz