This Fun Friday Technique uses the back of the Close To My Heart My Acrylix® stamps to create a shadow to sit behind your outlined image. This technique works best with symmetrical stamps. The My Acrylix® stamps are sticky enough on the front that they will mount onto the My Acrylix® Blocks without falling off during your stamping process.
What you need
– Your choice of Close To My HeartMy Acrylix® stamps – best to use symmetrical stamps. I used the Feb Stamp of The Month Easter Bunny – which wasn’t excatly symetrical but enough to make the technique work.
– My Acrylix® Block to fit your chosen stamp image.
– Chosen colour of Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pads I used Bamboo for my shadow & Cocoa for the outline.
– Add your stamp face down on the My Acrylix® Block – this is completely opposite of how you would normally mount your stamp, but you are going to use the back of your stamp to ink & and stamp with.
– Ink your stamp with your chosen colour of Exclusive Inks™ Stamp Pads & stamp your image.
– You will now have a shadow of the stamp image.
– Clean off the ink using the My Acrylix® Stamp Scrubber & the My Acrylix® Spritz Cleaner
– Now turn your stamp image over & retamp over your shadow with the outlined image.
If the front of the stamp will not stick to the My Acrylix® Block & does fall off before you get a chance to stamp or even ink the back of your image, just clean the front of the stamp with My Acrylix® Spritz Cleaner & you will find it will stick to your block much better
That’s it! It is easy & very effective.
I hope you enjoyed this Friday Fun Technique and I hope you give it a try over this weekend.
Till next time Maz