Ok I am VERY NEW to the whole decorating planners and Close to My Heart released this gorgeous new line called Everyday Life™ and part of this new line is this sweet black album & planner pages. So I jumped on board & got myself a Planner Bundle (sorry 😦 but the planner bundle price is now over) and then when it arrived I kind of stared at it!
Anyway it was a little overwhelming to start on a blank canvas on something you have not done before, but hey – it still involves all stamping, cardmaking, scrapbooking & papercraft supplies so that is a bonus!
It means I don’t have to go & buy new things just for my planner, although I most likely will, but at least I can use that product for my other papercrafting & all my stuff can used in the same way but just on a planner!
Being New to this I know I will go Crazy & Experiment to work out what works best for me. One of the best things I read when researching what people do in their planners is
It’s your planner, so you should do whatever makes you happy because that will make you use your planner and motivate yourself to stay organised.
So not so sure about the whole organised part – I like to think I am organised but really I’m not.
But I love the whole makes me happy part.
Anyway I have got my list of must have’s ready for my new planner. I am not saying that these are all MUST haves – there are a tonne of blog post that list must have items, these are a few things that I am going to be using as a NEW planner decorator.
- A pen: To add in all the important dates. A lot of people say that different colour pens are a must have, but for now I am sticking to one the Marvy® Uchida® LePen™ Journaling Pen and I will use other ways to add colour. It also means I can add some doodling to get back into drawing & add my own personal touch.
- Some inspiring quotes and words: There are so many quotes & words to choose from & I want to make my planner not only incredibly happy but super positive. I love getting a little punch of inspiration. I plan on adding these between pages using Picture My life cards or with stamped images on the pages.
- Stickers: I am going to be using the CTMH Fundamental Stickers there are great little tabs, words & other bits & pieces & this is where some of my colour will be added.
- Washi Tape: Boy I love this stuff. I have all my files at work decorated with it & I even added it to my stapler, scissors & sticky tape dispenser at work – this way co-workers know it is mine when they borrow the item! CTMH have some new washi tapes which I know I will incorporate into my planner.
- Stamps: Well I have a tonne of My Acrylix® Stamp Sets just itching to get some ink on them & get some love in my new planner. Plus there are some cute stamps made just for the planner (see I told you I would most likely buy a product that is just for the planner!) like the Everyday Life™ Perfect Plan Roller Stamp or even the stamp that was developed for the Instalife™ range the Instalife™ Roller Stamp This Happened they are both just too perfect not to include on my list of supplies
- Photos: Ok I don’t have these yet as I still need to take photos during 2016, but I like photos and I like to print them out. I kind of want my planner to be like a smash book which is great because CTHM have the My Crush® Everyday Life Pages which is perfect for smash book pages & they also have Pocket type Memory Protectors that fit perfectly in the CTMH Album. So I can easily add photos there.
I know as I play with my new planner I will add & take things away, depending on how they work for me & if they make me happy & if I can keep up with it.
I hope you will share with me your experiences with planners whether your new to it like me or have been decorating planners for a long time & remember to join the Live your Day Gathering to be in the draw to win the January Mystery Hostess & for a chance to get a FREE roll of gold foil tape.
Also make sure you take the time to round up your order & donate some money to Operation Smile™, an organization that provides free, life-changing surgery that repairs smiles and reshapes lives, one child at a time.
Thanks so much for taking the time to read the ramblings of a new planner decorator…see you soon.