Ok after some earlier inspiration from theeverydayscrapbooker I have decided to take the Gratitude Journal challenge – eek!
Hopefully the motivation I have today will continue for the rest of the year.
Deciding what I would journal on was next on the agenda.
It needs to be portable – or some part of it can be so that I can record my Gratitude on the go – I am on a train about 4hours of my life 5 days a week – so there is my time to record.
The next issue is when to find time to decorate – it has to be creative, decorated & include the things I love. Sure it could be a note book but I would lose interest in that quick. And making things pretty with paper is just my thing!
My Options are:
- Create some 8×8 pages with Artbooking Cartridge it has Album pages that look great & could be a real eclectic Album & could go into the My Creations™ Kraft 3-Ring Album
- Use the Picture My Life Cards & even create some from the Artfully Sent Collection – all I have to do is punch some holes in the side & done a mini Album
- Use one of the My Crush™ Books & create my own smash book of sorts.
- Use the Year >> Noted paper kit
- I like the idea of using flip flaps to create a mini book too.
- Use Tags – cut them out & create a tag book in the end or add the tags into mini album
In the end I have decided to go with Picture My Life Cards – because it is a simple surface that is mostly decorated so part of the work is done. They are an easy surface to create on, play on, and try things without worrying about making a masterpiece.
I can concentrate on the process and embracing imperfection & taking time for myself to do something creative.
They are easy to take with me & decorate on the train, even if it is with just a journaling pen, as most of the decoration has already been done.
Eek I am excited about this. It took me most of yesterday – first day of the year to decide what to do, that I am only posting Day 1 now.
Hopefully once I hit publish that it is out in the world – I will keep this up. Stay Tuned for Day 2 later today.