So my round up of this month is all about the trends & styles & this month I want to focus in on the chalkboard look. I am even tempted to try out the chalkboard theme for my blog for the post at least a little while 😉
Chalkboard: This design element is absolutely everywhere & it is really easy to get the look on your cards & scrapbook layouts. I found three different interpretations of the chalkboard trends why not check them out.
– cardediem has a great take of getting the look. I love how the spotted pattern paper has been incorporated into the chalkboard card.
– athomeinenglishvalley Uses embossing powder that really makes the chalkboard look pop. Love the stamps used in the project
– leakyshedstudiodesigns uses the idea to create a lovely background & accent on her page.
Why not have a go of the trend yourself.
- You can use pre printed panels for quick & effective results
- Thick solid stamp images help achieve that chalky finish
- Make embellishments to adorn your card or layout to just have a hint of the trend
- While schools these days don’t use chalkboards, the trend can still be incorporated to make cute school themed embellishments
Want to try the look out yourself? Give these products a go