Today I was asked that question by Nat over on her Creative Jumpstart and thought I am inspired by loads of things.
I am inspired:
- By nature
- By other artists
- By images people post on their social media accounts
- By writers
- By Photographers
- I am inspired by bloggers – most of who are fab writers, artists & photographers.
- By my friends & family
- By buildings & architecture
- By travel as well as the surrounds at home & near work
- By food (chocolate! )
- By my pets who do funny things
- By music & concerts
- By drawing & writing & designing things myself
- By Graphic & web design
- By Street Art
- I am also inspired by new scrapbooking & papercraft products of all sorts.
Each thing offers me different inspiration at different times – it could be a colour I see, a pattern or texture that I love. It could be just a perfect photo op that I want to scrap. Or something could spark emotions that I want to get down on paper or on my laptop through drawing, writing painting. It is that feeling I get when I see something that I know in my head what I can do with this.
It makes me feel all giddy & happy & excited that I will get to play with an idea -even if it is just jotting it down in my note book at the time to be explored later. It is also why I am off on tangents most times exploring a bunch of different ideas at once or going full ball crazy in one idea that totally consumes me at the time.
I am constantly inspired, my heart is always open to possibilities & ideas – it is getting that inspiration out into full finished pieces that I have trouble with!
What inspires you?